Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Now for this message....

I can just totally lose track of time. It's Wednesday and I'm really trying to slam some work out. The office is under the misconception that this new system should be faster and more streamlined. NOT. I am always amazed that rather than listen to the person responsible for the job, management would rather listen to some consultant, who doesn't have a clue.

I last spoke of my father. Here lately, it's my grandmother on my mother's side that I am thinking of most often. Her name was Maria Offer and she lived in Laredo, Texas for almost all of her life. She was born in Mexico City and at just a few years old, moved with her whole family which included her mother, Aunt Hortencia and Uncle Pepe, to Nueva Laredo. Her father (my great-grandfather) was killed in some military issue with Santa Anna or something like that. Which explains why she was an only child. So, Gramma married a German fella, Werner, and they had one daughter (my mother) Mary. My grandfather died at a somewhat early age of a smoking related illness. I don't think my grandmother really ever missed him. Years after I got married, my grandmother confided in me that he saw other women. I think she tried to be a good wife to him, but it's hard to say what goes on in a relationship. The thing about my grandmother....she loved me despite the fact that I was broken. She was the only one and I wonder if she remains to be the only one. I'm not feeling sorry for myself or anything...just how things are.

No comments: