Monday, September 29, 2008

My Day Book

I am wearing faded blue jeans and a cotton top. I very much need a trim. I wear my hair short which means higher maintenance. I seldom take the time to stop for a trim, but will wait until I am completely frustrated. This explains the 1/2 can of hairspray holding it all together. I figure I could lessen my carbon footprint by not waiting so long for a trim. Just doing my part....

I am NOT reading as there just doesn't seem to be much time. I literally collapse into bed and before the light bulb has even had a chance to cool off, I am in a different world! I am amazed how much I used to read and really enjoy it. Now, it's hit and miss at best.

I am hearing my heart beating in my ears and mouth. I have a terrific toothache and is probably an infection. First, let me clear up any confusion....I have always taken very good care of my teeth. I brush, floss, rarely drink pop, see my dentist, etc. and yet, I have had horrible, mind-numbing problems for many years now. There does not seem to be an explanation, but this I know....Right at this moment, I owe my dentist over $800 and I don't want to have to call him now. It's no wonder to me that people buy prescription narcotics on the street. I could use some now.

I am learning how tired a person really can feel.

I am hoping for a quiet week. Dan and the girls will be going to the car show gala this year. I went last year and refuse to go two years in a row. So, I will have the house to myself all evening. I will fight the urge to use that time to work and may just actually relax. Or better yet, clean. Jury is still out on this one.

In the kitchen are some kitchen remodeling books. I hate the kitchen, but I think Dan is delusional if he thinks we can afford to remodel. It's a small kitchen with limited cabinet space. A year or so ago, we tiled the counters ourselves. They look okay, but for reasons unknown to me, the poly type finish did not cure right, so they stay kinda sticky. I hate it. The walls need painting and the cabinets are 25 or so years old. I really hate it.

Around the house things are still waiting to be cleaned. I am sensing a pattern here.

Outside my window there are signs of the season changing. Don't get me wrong, it's still hot out there, but only 92 degrees versus 102 degrees. WE NEED RAIN DAMMIT! I have a few plants that need to get into the ground. If it wasn't so hot.....

Plans for this week will be to get the work done, get a haircut, pay the bills and hopefully, relax a little.

No comments: